Sunday, October 23, 2011

Congratulations!




JellyMuffin.com - The place for profile layouts, flash generators, glitter graphics, backgrounds and codes





Last week CatHousePrints won our Treasury Challenge!  CONGRATULATIONS KRIS!!!  Since she has been featured here before she so generously offered to pay it forward to Allie of HuneyBunny.  

I has an opportunity to speak to Allie about her art, shop and plans for the future and think that you will enjoy what she had to say...

Original DaY Of The Dead Drawing. Sugar Skull artwork with Sharpies. Dia De Los Muertos.

Original DaY Of The Dead Drawing. Sugar Skull artwork with Sharpies. Dia De Los Muertos.


~ My Interview With Allie of HuneyBunny ~

Can you tell us a bit about yourself and your shop?
Shop: Im still rather new to ETSY. I have a shop full of (what I hope is) whimsical and fun and affordable art. 
Me: I am a 20something artist that paints according to her obsessions. I get a bug to paint in gray or purple or to paint giraffes or Abe Lincoln. 

What inspired you to open your shop?
I opened my shop in the Spring after I quit a sales job that made me a little crazy to remember how to live a moderately stress free life. I had meant to open the shop forever, but I never had the time to get around to it. 

Sugar Skull Art. Whimsical Dia De Los Muertos Painting. Original Oil on Canvas work from Allie Kelley.
Besides designing & creating things, what do you do?
Other than painting and crafting, I am a : Nationally Certified Massage Therapist, Arm Chair Historian, mother to a dog named Goober and a kitty named Captain, a wife, avid audio book listener, and an ETSY addict. 

Where, who or what does your influence come from?
I never formally studied art, though I have always piddeled in it. My influences come from the same thing that inspires me: local art, hi-fructose magazine, and anything I find pretty or interesting. 

What inspires you to be creative?
Maybe its the 5 am speaking, but I think that Im sorta half goldfish and half pittbull. I am easily distracted by something shiny. (Narwhals, Abe Lincoln, and Giraffes with mustaches! Anything I find interesting) and then once I'm really captivated by something I cant let it go. I hold on until Ive created over and over again and I am obsessed with two or three more shiny objects!

Giraffe Postcard. Whimsical Giraffe with Mustache and Combover.

How do you get out of a creative rut?
When I have a creative rut, I try to doodle it out. I carry around a sketch pad and I just use it for anything. Eventually, I'll stumble on something that I will NEED to take further. 

Where do you see or want your shop to be this time next year?
This time next year I hope myshop will have a steady following, I'll have at least 100 items posted, and I'll have cleaned it up and streamlined it. 

PINK LINCOLN ART Print. 5x7 Print of an Original Oil on Canvas Painting. Whimsical Artwork of Allie Kelley

Where would you like to be in ten years?
In ten years I hope to have a career that pays me to be creative. I keep telling myself I am going back to school. Hopefully I will, and it will make all the difference. 

What is your best advice to newbie Etsian's just opening their shops?
My best advice to newbies on ETSY is: find a great team to join. Joining EAWT and other teams has made me work harder and work smarter on ETSY. 

Where else other then Etsy can you be found on the net?
Other than ETSY you can find me on FaceBook: 

Owl Drawing - Morning Light Snuggles. 2 Owls on a spring morning.

Special Thanks to CatHousePrints for donating this interview. special Apologizes to the readers of this interview. I didnt have my coffee before I wrote it.

The winning Treasury by CatHousePrints...

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts.....